It does depend on where you plan to do this – as explained here Fundraise. You will need written permission from the owner or manager if it is inside a shop, supermarket or shopping centre and if you want to organise a bucket collection in a public space e.g. a city centre or park you must apply for a license from your local council. You will need to apply for this online via your local authority’s website (we cannot apply on your behalf.)